Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Wave "bye bye" to Mama

Peek a Boo...Happy Boy
Today when I dropped my baby off at VitaKids, he went to Miss Anna and waved bye bye to me.  I almost didn't know what to do...but I smiled, laughed, and waved bye bye to my little boy. 

When I dropped him off the first day, I sat and read stories with him until he was ready.  It didn't take long..
It's been a bit of a struggle for me to accept daycare and leave my boy there all day.  I think/worry about him all day long, calling over there several times to check on his status, and today was the day that it was good from start to finish.  He loves his "teachers" Miss Anna and Miss Armandina, although he is still suspicious of new faces.  He loves to play with his buddies, Noah and Jack. 

Playing cards with the boys

Climibing after Noah

Noah likes Xavi too

Doing yoga...or holding buses/trucks while sitting on the yoga mat
Today when I picked him up at the end of the day, he was all hot and sweaty.  They had been running around playing with the bouncy balls.  He ate all of his food today and was starving for snacks all the way home.  He worked up quite an appetite.  He was happy to see me but seemed to know that he was safe and in a happy place...AND that I would come back to him as soon as I could.

Miss Dina showing Xavi snow...they played in it later since it was almost 50 degrees! 
Maybe our Llama llama stories and the one where little llama misses mama llama when he has to go to school has helped him understand that it's ok to let go of mama and have fun.  I'm thankful for those two loving women for taking such good care of my baby.  I'm learning to let go...but mostly of my guilt and fears.  He has fun.  He is safe.  He is learning.  He is happy.  Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Soooo glad that he likes it at VitaKids! He is a happy boy and looks like he has made some friends.

    ReplyDelete