Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The New Year

Happy New Year! 
2011 arrived and we were in fact awake to see it!  Even though we kept our "partying" to staying at home and having a movie marathon, it was my best celebration to date.  Xavi and I took a little nap, then I woke up in time to put him in bed, so Mario and I could toast the new year appropriately. 


We walked the beach at Salt Creek, enjoying the warm sunshine and talking about...everything.  Mario and I agree that the best thing about Xavi..is that we don't have to give him up, we don't have to say good bye to him.  Sometimes when he is napping in the other room (rarely), I get busy doing whatever and suddenly, I miss him.  My arms feel empty and I almost get sad...until I realize that he is MINE, he is OUR BABY, and I can't wait to hug and squeeze him tight every chance I get. 

Our resolution? 
Not miss a moment.  Seize every minute. 
Not squander an opportunity.  Cherish every smile, every giggle, and even every cry.
Not take anything for granted.
Life is too short and we don't know how long we will have on this earth. 
Live. Love. Well.

No comments:

Post a Comment