Monday, February 25, 2013

An Attitude Adjustment

 The boys wake me up pretty early every day.  Today Nico was ready to go at 5:30am.  I made sure he was dry and comfy then put him back in his crib to play until I was ready to open my eyes.  At 6:00am, Xavi woke up and was ready to go.  I asked if he wanted to get in the crib with brother...'yep'.  So I put them in together and just relaxed in bed by myself for a few more minutes.  I opened my eye occasionally to make sure everyone was ok.  They were actually pretty quiet...seeming to enjoy relaxing in the moment themselves.  There were a few "I luze yous" and "ah ah ahs".  I felt light on my face and saw Xavi peeking out the curtains to see the sunrise.  There was such a sweet innocence about that simple act that I had to get out of bed to get my camera and take a picture.
Nico's been crazy lately..up on all fours, rocking and rolling, hopping and scooting all over.  when he's done he's done but he can do this for a long time.  He smashes brother's train sets and goes for the object of his desire.  Nico may be a bit less intense that Xavi but he is still intense.  I guess Mario and I just don't have many "easy" genes.  Oh well...I know that this intensity will take them far in life. 
 I hope they always reach for their desires and dreams without giving up.  
 Xavi didn't seem "right" today.  I couldn't put my finger on anything definitive; no fever, no cough, little runny nose, but mostly,  he just didn't want to go outside...! That is very un-Xavi like and so I was glad we had a chiropractic appointment this afternoon to see if we could get to the bottom of it.  He also kept insisting that "I carry you"..even if we were going a few feet.  At one point during the day, I carried him in first so that I wasn't carrying both boys and straining my neck even more.  But when I turned around to go get Nico, Xavi started crying "I carry you!!! I carry you!"He followed me all the way back outside...undoing all of my previous carrying.  He followed me in howling.  Poor baby.


Both boys needed neck adjustments after all...hmmm, guess they absorb more than just my "energy".  We ALL had neck issues.  After getting "popcorns" done, Xavi's energy and attitude did a 180.  He came into her office screaming "NO!" and crying about...everything.  He left running out on his own little bare feet, happy and sweet.  As soon as we got home, he jumped down from the car, and started playing with his train in the sand by the car.  Nico was asleep so I put him in the bedroom and went out by Xavi.  He was playing outside in the dirt with his trains, and digger, and truck. The transformation was complete.  I had my boy back.  I love what chiropractic can do.  It's power has never been more evident to me as it has been seeing it in action with my kids.  It's not magic or faith or a belief system... it is powerful and I seriously don't know what people do without it...ESPECIALLY for their kids.  Thanks Dad, Dr. Heiny, Uncle Jim, and Jimmy Sir.  And Thank you Dr. Jen.  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment