Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sleepless but Happy Howl


I've been struggling to put Meep to bed, especially at night.  He seems very tired and ready for bed, appears to be going down to sleep, then suddenly perks up and gets very playful...some call this a second wind and I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out what I am doing wrong, what i need to do differently.  Last night, I ended up sobbing while he was giggling and playing, and very heavily squirming in my tired and sore arms.  Mario said to just let him come out and play until he got tired again...I stopped crying and then we had a blast watching him tear around.  Tonight, I cracked the door open to show Mario that I was again unsuccessful at putting him down and ask for his advice on what i should do...he could tell by my face that I was not happy, then he saw Xavi's face...HUGE smile and twinkly wide awake eyes, ready to party.  So we did...I caught some of it on video.  Note the "happy howl" he does...throwing his head back and literally howling at us.  He's up past his bedtime so he is still wearing his sleep sack...because it's too hard to struggle with him each time to put on/take off.  We've watched this over and over again...laughing harder each time.  I hope you do too.

(Mind you, Xavi has 4 very sharp teeth):

No comments:

Post a Comment