Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sleep please!


I have a request.  It's actually a prayer request.  I need sleep.



I wouldn't say that prayer is my last resort but putting out a specific request for family, friends, and perfect strangers is.  I've tried everything else.  And I'm putting into action several new steps that I am hoping will get us closer to a full night sleep...all of us.  None of them involves crying it out or other such methods...just gently teaching them to let go and dream while keeping in mind physiology and other sleep science crap.

I am aware that with kids, losing sleep is a part of it...but for the love of everything holy...it's been over 2 years and we have not, not once slept through the night!  I sleep maybe 4-5 hours a night and it's fragmented.  when I wake up, I feel hung over, and move really slowly for an hour or so until the blood has reached my brain.  even then, my brain just doesn't work the way it should.  I have to nap everyday, that is IF I win the "whack a mole" game of putting a baby and a toddler to sleep at the same time.  I look in the mirror and I don't recognize the tired old face looking back at me.  And today?  I swear I found a whole new crop of gray hair all down my part...That was the last straw.  But seriously, there is plenty of challenging things about being home all day with two babies without being up all night as well.


so here I am asking you to pray.  The request doesn't have to be for a holy home run and 8 hours of continuous sleep.  But that me and my boys would settle into a manageable, healthier sleep pattern.  That sweet little Xavi would know he is loved and safe and that sleep is a good thing!  And to enjoy his big boy bed?  Mama is there and will be there in the morning.

Nico is a pretty good sleeper most of the time except for when he is teething or has a tummy ache or...I mean, he IS a baby!  And I really don't expect him to sleep like a big boy...yet.

I will be a much better mama all day, every day if I can get just a little bit more better sleep.  And that is all I really want.  To have a chance to be the best mama I can be. Thanks for your prayers.

1 comment: