Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Poor Diego Indeed


Diego was my baby before I had two of the pink kind.  I know he must feel as if he's fallen down the totem pole pretty far.  Gramma commented "poor diego" after I wrote about almost murdering him for waking up the babies.  So I thought I'd dedicate a post to my second hairy baby (Sasha was my first) and give him some needed love.
Since we lost Sasha he pretty much comes everywhere with us in the car but now, poor Diego is stuck in the small space between the two car seats.  Sometimes he still climbs up front and tries to sit on my lap like he used to do.  Sometimes, when the kids aren't with us, I let him.
I still make him pose for pictures and he still gets annoyed...but stays close always.  
Here he is standing guard during tubby time.  He almost always stands or sits facing out the door, back to us in whatever room we are in.  Securing the room; taking his job as seriously as he ever did.  Maybe  more so...now when ANYONE (friend or delivery man) comes to the door, he barks to alert me and I'm so glad he does.
He didn't do much to eradicate the little mouse problem we had back in October but here is in on guard once he finally noticed that one was in the house.  He stayed right there staring at its location until we went to bed...and went right back to sleep once we heard the SNAP of the trap taking care of the trespasser.
He was so happy to see Grampa and cuddled up to him every chance he got.  Most of our animals loved dad...they know he is a softie and a good hugger.(or toast giver)
Xavi likes to give Diego treats almost every day and I have to explain that we need to only give him one...NOT the whole bucket.  Poor diego...mom foiled his perfect set up.
This day, Xavi dumped all the treats on the ground so he could drive his trains through them...totally teasing him.  I couldn't clean it up until he was done playing...so poor Diego had to sit and watch.
You are still very loved my little Diego.  Thank you for keeping us safe each and every day.  Thank you for keeping us warm at night whenever I let you stay in bed with us.  Thank you for learning to love Xavi and to let him "play"/chase/torment you.  I know you have your limits and I will keep reminding him to be kind to you.  I promise that even if I yell at you for waking up the babies...I won't kill you.  I can't imagine life without you.

2 comments:

  1. Poor puppies! I know Scout sure feels like she has slid way down the totem pole! Nice of you to dedicate a post to Diego, we can't imagine life without our four legged babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Diego. Do you think he would like Taz to come and be his buddy? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete